Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

August Glossybox

August's Glossybox was International Superstars and included products from all over the world. 



I have to say that as I started writing this post I realised that I left a product out of these pictures, the Alessandro Pro White nail varnish was tucked away safely in my nail varnish draw where it has become a staple. I use it under my nail varnish to prevent my nails from discolouration and to protect them from flaking. 


The DHC Deep Cleansing Oil removes makeup like a dream, however if removing your eye makeup with it you have to be prepared to smudge black all over your face as this can be a bit messy. You massage this into your dry face with dry hands, which seems strange but it is fantastically effective. 

The All for Eve balm has become a handbag staple, its a lovely little product for using on dry lips, I also use this on and areas of dry skin. It has quite a strong herbal scent, which I love but others might not. 


Once again I found another great product in Lipcote, its fab! Just a quick layer over your lipstick, keep your lips parted for a few seconds ad voila!! Your lip colour stays on all day and doesn't flake or bleed. 

I have mixed feelings about the Glossybox lipstick, its a nice consistency and I do like the packaging however the colour is a little bit 'mature'. I have very pigmented lips, they are naturally quite red so although I cant wear very light lip colours I think this is pink is a bit too dark. 


And finally, the crappy product - Vera Valenti eyeshadow palette. Oh dear. First of all this came with one of those crappy eyeshadow applicators that went straight in the bin, secondly the selection of shade was something I would personally never choose - browns (okay I like browns) and greens (words cannot describe the hatred). But worst of all the quality of these shadows is appalling, as you can see from the swatches they are not only poorly pigmented (I had to dig my fingers in the product to get the colour you can see above), but also very very chalky. 

Apart from the eyeshadows I really loved this Glossybox, especially the Lipcote and Eve balm. 





No comments:

Post a Comment