Pages

Thursday 14 June 2012

May Glossybox

I have decided to do my Glossybox posts the month after I recieve the box, this means that instead of just listing the products I can give my opinion and talk about whether I used them, what I thought and if I will buy them. 


That being said here we go. May was Glossybox's first birthday and the box came with a birthday balloon and super cute birthday paper. 




When I first got my box I was pretty happy with the contents, however this changed when I saw what other people had and I felt so cheated! I totally drew the short straw this month. 




These were my four larger subjects, I loved the Nobel Isle bubble bath. At first the smell seems quite masculine however once I put it in my bath i thought it smelt lovely. My skin is usually really picky about bath products however this gave me no irritation what-so-ever (phew). 


I already had a sample of the Neal's Yard Moisturiser from Elle and was therefore a bit disappointed to see one here. However this moisturiser is quite nice, the consistency is good; not to thick and greasy nor is it thin and runny. It is scented however the smell isnt overpowering. 


The third product was the Eldora false eyelashes. These look really nice, they are full and long without being too over the top. However I found that the band is really thick and stiff which makes the lashes really hard to apply. The inner corners were all spiky and pokey and I really didn't like these when they were on. 


And the fourth product was the Collection 2000 Gel Eyeliner. I have quite a few gel eyeliners and they are definitely my favourite out of gel, pencil and liquid. However this was a piece of poo. It came with a little brush that went straight in the bin. It went on quite nicely with a solid colour, although after half an hour it was smudged all under my eyes and on my eyelids. I dont have oily eyelids at all and never have problems with my other gel eyeliners but this was just wrong. 




I also got two perfume samples. Im quite fussy when it comes to perfume but these were quite nice. They were both very fresh feminine scents however personally I dont think they are anything special. 


So there you have it, my May Glossybox. Personally I thought it was pretty crap, I wish I had gotten the HD brows products. I wont be buying any of these products, because even though I like the Nobel Isle bubble bath its really expensive for a bath product. 


Fingers crossed June's box will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment