Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

I Love You, Almond Oil.

There are few products that I truly love. Usually there is always a but, a catch, something that I would change, be that the price, the smell or the colour. I have to say that almond oil is one of the products I simply cannot complain about. 


For a long time I have looked for something that would really nourish my hair and moisturise it. I've been growing it for just over two years now and its just passed my boobs. I can be a little bit heat-happy, although I did manage a month heat free last summer. I like my hair looking different, straight on Monday, curly on Wednesday in a bun on Friday, and although I do try to look after it, it is damaged. 
I've tried lots of things from conditioners to hair masques and although some I have liked, (Im a sucka for Aussie products) I've never adored anything as much as almond oil. 


At £1.99 from a local health food shop its cheap as chips. And the best thing is that its wonderfully multipurpose. 




For my hair I take a small amount of oil in the palm of my hands and run it through the ends and mid-lengths of my hair. I then put on my lovely strawberry shower cap (lock your boyfriends up!!) and let the oil sit for about twenty minutes. I then massage my scalp with a small amount of oil and then wash it all out with shampoo, throughly as to avoid looking like a chip pan, and hey presto, soft, shiny, healthy hair! I typically do this once or twice a week. 


For my skin I use the oil on any very dry parts of my body, elbows, knees, shoulders, all those little bits that may get dry and sore in winter. I let the oil soak in and it really nourishes the skin and leaves it silky smooth. I also use a very small amount on my face at night, although I have combination skin my nose and forehead can get exceptionally dry and this combats that wonderfully. It also makes your face smooth as a baby's bum!


And last but not least its great to smooth over chapped lips. You can use it at night like on your face and leave it to soak in as you sleep. Also when my lips are in a really bad state, cold english winters are hard on lips, I make a lip scrub from almond oil, sugar and a teeny bit of lemon, it works a treat. 


I have to say that I love my Almond Oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment