Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

Cleaning My Brushes.

Once a week I wash my most used brushes. I find that brushes used on liquid products specifically (foundation, concealer etc) get dirty super easily. Also, because I occasionally get spots I find that it is really important to clean my brushes to remove any bacteria that could be spread all around my face - causing even more spots. 



So here are my dirty brushes, I find that the hardest ones to clean are my eyeliner brush and my concealer brush. With both of these the product gets really deep into the bristles and therefore they require more attention than others. 


For each brush I take a small amount of Johnson's baby shampoo in the palm of my hand and gently swirl the brush around, running it under the water (never holding the bristle end up as this causes water to get in the handel) until the water coming off the brush is clean. Im about to buy some special brush shampoo as this does the job perfectly. The shampoo is really gentle and therefore doesn't cause the dye to run but does manage to remove all of the makeup. Furthermore the shampoo smells really good! 


Its super quick to clean your brushes this way, it probably takes about five minuets or less to clean a big handful. After I've cleaned them I warp them in a clean towel and leave them to dry gradually, I never put them near a heat source (like a radiator) as this can damage the glue and then you suffer from wobbly brush disorder! Like this they probably dry in a few hours, which is fine if you do your brushes in the morning after getting ready and then leave them through the day. 



1 comment: