Pages

Monday 13 August 2012

Hot Rollers.

A few weeks ago I picked up these Revlon Hot Rollers in an attempt to find the perfect way to archive big, bouncy curls. The set is pretty cheap, I picked mine up for about £20 from Amazon, and is really easy to use. 


You simply plug them in and turn them on, when they are hot the red dot on top of the central roller turns white. They do take a little while, maybe 10 minutes to get hot but they are perfect to plug in whilst you do your makeup, dry your hair or have a shower. They are very hot when they heat fully, so if you are very sensitive when it comes to heat you can always use them before they come to the highest temperature. 


There are three different sized rollers, small, medium and large, you get 18 rollers in total - six of each size. The large ones are best used around the crown and top of the head as they give the most volume and softest curls, whilst the smaller sizes give tighter, more defined curls. I find that on my whole head of very long (just below the bust) and thick hair I use about 15 rollers, however this will vary depending on the style of curl you want. 


You get little clips with each roller, which have one curved side and one straight. You simply slip these over the roller, pushing the straight side into the hair at the base of the roller. Although these pins do work well on the small rollers I find on the larger rollers they tend to be a bit rubbish as there is too much hair to be secured my the small pin. However the large rollers dont completely fall out, they just feel slightly loose. Im contemplating buying 6 bigger clips to use on the large rollers, but if your hair is mid-length or short these ones will be fine for you. 


I really love the look of my hair after using the rollers. Its much softer and more bouncy than when I curl my hair with a wand and therefore it looks much more natural. I do brush through my hair with a natural bristle brush when I take the rollers out to break up the curls. I then turn my head upside down and give my hair a quick spray with hair spray to ensure the curls stay in all day - just dont over do it and make them crispy! 

Instagram: bfdavies

1 comment: