Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

July Glossybox.

Last month's box came just after I got home from holiday, which was annoying because this box was a 'festival' box and was therefore full of summery, lightweight and speedy products which are ideal for sun-seekers. But hey-ho I can still enjoy last month's lovely in the beautiful English sun (if only...)



The stand out product this month was the HD Brows brow kit. I've been lusting after one of these for months, I've struggled to find a colour ashy enough but these are just perfect. Although the palette is actually 'Bombshell' and is therefore designed for blondes, but the combination of colours still works perfectly with my hair colour. The four different shades allow you to build a more 'multi-dimensional' look. 


I also really like the Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting. This can be used on both lips and cheeks for a lovely pink glossy finish. Although Im by no means the biggest fan of lip glosses this isn't too stick so it gets a thumbs up. On the cheeks it gives a soft sheen and a light colour, although at first it is quite tacky on the skin it does feel better after a few minutes. 


When I first saw the Monu Gloden Glow gradual tan I was a bit cautious. However I applied it in a small patch on my arm and a few hours later was shocked by the colour. It developed quickly and instead of looking ridiculously orange as most do on my pale skin, this looked very natural. Shame about the full size price though!! 

I also received a Clynol Salon Exclusive Enrich Colour Shampoo which is perfect timing as I just coloured my hair with Henna and want to ensure the colour stays vibrant. I have been using the Aussie colour protecting products but it will be nice to try out a more luxury brand. 



Lastly the box also contained a sample of Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion. This is light weight formula with SPF 15, so its a great summer product for those with great skin who have the confidence to go bare faced out in the sun. I cant stress the importance of using products with SPF in summer, I speak from experience. Having really pale and delicate skin on my face I have learnt the hard way that you must put suncream on your face (I have the mistake of missing out my face to thank for millions of freckles) and, ideally a special product designed for the face as many normal suncreams can irritate the sensitive skin on your face, especially around the eyes and mouth. 


I also received small samples of Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Exfoliating Cleanser and Optimising Skin Serum. i have to say that I havent used these yet as firstly, Im stuck in my ways with my skin care routine and secondly Im not a big fan of sachets of samples and I have to admit they usually end up in the bin. 



Loved the July Glossybox, the HD Brows Kit was a stand out product as it is such a wonderful product  and is great quality as the shadows last all day, 

No comments:

Post a Comment