Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

July Favourites.

This is officially the first edition of what will now be regular 'monthly favourites'. I am officially pulling my socks up when it comes to blogging and shall ensure that I do at least two posts a week. Lately I've been lacking inspiration, however the way to improve my blog is definitely not sitting on my bum thinking about it but rather sorting my self out and getting on with it.

I've tried quite a few new products over the past month and have definitely found some great things. In my July Glossybox I received a HD Brows Kit in 'Bombshell' which has served as a saviour, it allows me to enhance my natural brow shape and use a combination of colours to create a really natural look.
I've also jumped upon the bandwagon and tried the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, mine is in Lovestruck and my god do I lov it. Im not a big fan of bright lip colours, however this is just lovely! The formula is great as it doesn't feel too try, nor too heavy on the lips.


Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovestruck'

I also added to my Real Techniques brushes (I already have the two core sets) with the wonderful Blush Brush. I love all of these brushes, but the blush brush is so wonderfully soft, its great for a sweep of bronzer, a soft blush or finishing a look with powder. In addition I picked up the Sleek Ultra Mattes pallet in dark. Im so impressed with these shadows, for the price they are amazing! I find it really hard to find drugstore completely matte shadows but these are wonderful, Sleek also do a bright matte palette, however personal I find these more neutral shades much more 'me'. The matte shades can be used to make a subtle daytime look, I like using the brown, purple tones and grey shade as they are all very muted. 



 A few of my favourite shades from the palette

I spent a week of July on holiday where finally my summer clothes could leave my wardrobe and I could get some much needed vitamin D. It was so nice to not have to think about layers and warmth, and just pop on a pair of shorts and a crop top, this Silence and Noise cream lace top was perfect for hot days and evenings, it has a deep V in the back which makes is really sexy and means it looks fab when your hair is in a high bun. However it was a big shock when I came back to England and realised I could no long wonder around in a bikini and little top! In my state of fashion confusion I picked up these American Apparel Easy Jeans in the really light wash, they totally cured my fashion block. They are not only so comfy and flattering but they are also very easy to wear; you can just throw on a cute top and cardigan and then (sadly necessary in England) a leather jacket.


After coming back from holiday the pressure of the 'beach body' has no longer been ensuring eat well and watch my weight and therefore I have transformed into a major piggy. My food favourite of the month has to be Eat Natural Bars, all the flavours are amazing, however these almond, apricot and yoghurt ones are delicious. They deliver the perfect sugar kick without being full of calories and bad stuff. And OH MY GOD the brazil nut, cranberry and dark chocolate bars, well they are so good I could happily eat a whole box. 








No comments:

Post a Comment